Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP go right now.
Supergiant Games scored a victory for indie improvement as Hades received Game of the Year right now at the twenty fourth annual Dice Awards right now. The honor was one of 5 that the roguelite dungeon-crawler acquired.
The sport beat out rivals together with Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Ghost of Tsushima, and The Last of Us Part II.
Normally held in Las Vegas at the Dice Summit in February, this year’s present was on-line solely, hosted by Greg Miller, Jessica Chobot, and Kahlief Adams. Adams might be an emcee at our GamesBeat Summit 2021 occasion subsequent week, and that occasion will function our very personal Visionary Awards.
The Dice Awards, staged by sport trade friends in the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences, additionally gave Hades Outstanding Achievement for Game Direction, Outstanding Achievement for Game Design, Outstanding Achievement for an Independent Game, and Action Game of the Year.
Voters have been a fan of indie video games. Last year, the Dice Awards selected Untitled Goose Game as its winner. While The Last of Us Part II received at the prestigious The Game Awards, Hades additionally got here out as No. 2 for the GamesBeat Game of the Year Award. It was overwhelmed by Ori and the Will of the Wisps, championed by Mike Minotti. I feel everyone is aware of who I voted for. (The Last of Us Part II). But I acknowledge that Hades is an outstanding achievement for a small studio.
Sucker Punch’s Ghost of Tsushima got here in second with 4 awards, together with Adventure Game of the Year. Half-Life: Alyx and The Last of Us Part II received two classes. The Last of Us Part II was constructed by an enormous group at Sony’s Naughty Dog studio, and it has been the favourite for many awards with greater than 215 wins for Game of the Year to this point.
Here’s the full record of the class winners.
- Action Game of the Year: Hades
- Adventure Game of the Year — Ghost of Tsushima
- Family Game of the Year — Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Fighting Game of the Year — Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
- Racing Game of the Year — Mario Kart Live
- Role-Playing Game of the Year — Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- Sports Game of the Year — Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year — Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Immersive Reality Technical Achievement — Half-Life: Alyx
- Immersive Reality Game of the Year — Half-Life: Alyx
- Mobile Game of the Year — Legends of Runeterra
- Online Game of the Year — Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Design — Hades
- Outstanding Achievement for an Independent Game — Hades
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction — Hades
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation — The Last of Us Part II
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction — Ghost of Tsushima
- Outstanding Achievement in Character — Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition — Ghost of Tsushima
- Outstanding Achievement in Audio Design — Ghost of Tsushima
- Outstanding Achievement in Story — The Last of Us Part II
- Outstanding Technical Achievement — Dreams
GamesBeat’s creed when protecting the sport trade is “where passion meets business.” What does this imply? We wish to let you know how the news issues to you — not simply as a decision-maker at a sport studio, but in addition as a fan of video games. Whether you learn our articles, hearken to our podcasts, or watch our movies, GamesBeat will aid you find out about the trade and luxuriate in partaking with it.
How will you try this? Membership consists of entry to:
- Newsletters, comparable to DeanBeat
- The great, instructional, and enjoyable audio system at our occasions
- Networking alternatives
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” occasions with GamesBeat employees
- Chatting with neighborhood members, GamesBeat employees, and different friends in our Discord
- And possibly even a enjoyable prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded events
Become a member