Nilay Patel talks with Adi Robertson and Casey Newton about what Australia’s News Media Bargaining Code means for Google, Facebook, and the open internet in Australia.
Chris Welch and Julia Alexander be a part of the present to debate the brand new Amazon Fire TV stick, Apple TV on Chromecast, and the state of streaming companies in 2021.
Andru Marino and Taylor Lyles talk about the announcements from this week’s Nintendo Direct.
- Maps present ZIP codes hit hardest by COVID-19 have low vaccination charges
- Finicky COVID-19 vaccines increase the stakes of energy outages
- Vaccine rollout received’t be equitable until well being care reckons with racism
- If you’re vaccinated in opposition to COVID-19, you received’t need to quarantine for those who’re uncovered
- How to attain a COVID-19 vaccine appointment
- Texas freeze dangers slowing COVID-19 progress
- Facebook will block Australian customers and publishers from sharing news hyperlinks in response to new invoice
- Why Google caved to Australia, and Facebook didn’t
- Facebook worker warned it used ‘deeply wrong’ advert metrics to spice up income
- Facebook’s Australian media ban is taking down official authorities pages
- Apple received’t have to permit App Store alternate options on iOS after North Dakota invoice fails
- Amazon Fire TV Stick (2020) evaluation: simply get a 4K mannequin
- Apple TV app now out there on the most recent Google Chromecast
- YouTube TV providing HBO Max, Showtime, and Starz for $5 much less in new leisure bundle
- Donald Glover’s reported Amazon deal may result in a extra curated Prime Video
- HBO Max is ordering far more children’ content material to compete with Netflix and Disney Plus
- The 20 biggest announcements from as we speak’s Nintendo Direct
- Android 12 developer preview is out there now with many under-the-hood updates
- How to simply set up the Android 12 developer preview
Learn extra about your advert decisions. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices