In American sports activities, everyone is at all times attempting to catch up to the NFL. They have the largest rankings, the biggest fan base, and new stadiums consistently attempting to out-gargantuan the others. It’s additionally a league stuffed with shrewd enterprise individuals who don’t have to pay assured contracts.
But according to a new list from Forbes, it doesn’t imply that NFL owners are sports activities’ richest, as the league solely has one consultant among the many world’s 10 richest staff owners. Charlotte Panthers honcho David Tepper landed in eighth place with a internet price of $14.5 billion. In case you forgot, Tepper purchased the staff in 2018 for an estimated $2.2 billion…in money. The dude is so rich, he had the cash on him! He most likely simply pulled out his cellphone, obtained on Cash App, and despatched the cash straight to Roger Goodell.
While Tepper is the lone NFL proprietor on the Top 10 leaderboard, the NFL nonetheless has probably the most representatives on the list at seven, and so they’re adopted by the NBA, soccer, hockey, baseball, and cricket (first place!). So, the following time you hear somebody complaining when an athlete indicators an enormous contract, simply remind them that it’s chump change to the people who find themselves reducing the checks.
Here’s the remainder of the list:
1. Mukesh Ambani (Mumbai Indians), internet price: $84.5 billion
2. Steve Ballmer (Los Angeles Clippers), internet price: $68.7 billion
3. Dan Gilbert (Cleveland Cavaliers), internet price: $51.9 billion
4. François Pinault & Family (Stade Rennais FC), internet price: $42.3 billion
5. Dietrich Mateschitz (New York Red Bulls, Red Bull Racing) internet price: $26.9 billion
6. Robert Pera (Memphis Grizzlies), internet price: $18.3 billion
7. Steve Cohen (New York Mets), internet price: $16 billion
8. (tie) Roman Abramovich (Chelsea FC), internet price: $14.5 billion
8. (tie) David Tepper (Carolina Panther), internet price: $14.5 billion
10. Joseph Tsai (Brooklyn Nets), internet price: $11.6 billion
11. Philip Anschutz (Los Angeles Kings, LA Galaxy), internet price: $10.1 billion
12. Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys), internet price: $8.9 billion
13. Hasso Plattner & Family (San Jose Sharks), internet price: $8.3 billion
14.Stanley Kroenke (Arsenal, Los Angeles Rams, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rapids), internet price: $8.2 billion
15. Shahid Khan (Jacksonville Jaguars), internet price: $8 billion
16. Stephen Ross (Miami Dolphins), internet price: $7 billion
17. Robert Kraft (New England Patriots, New England Revolution), internet price: $6.9 billion
18. (tie) Dmitry Rybolovlev (FC Monaco), internet price: $6.7 billion
18. (tie) Micky Arison (Miami Heat), internet price: $6.7 billion
20. Arthur Blank (Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta United FC), internet price: $6.2 billion