21.3 C
Pune
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
spot_img

52% eligible population has received first dose: Minister

So far, 52% of Tamil Nadu’s eligible population has received the first dose of COVID-19 vaccines, Health Minister Ma. Subramanian mentioned. The variety of folks aged over 18 and eligible to get inoculated within the State is 6.06 crore. They must get each the doses, which shall be 12.12 crore in complete, he instructed reporters on Wednesday.

“So far, 52% of the eligible population have received the first dose, while the remaining 48% have not taken it,” he mentioned. The total protection — each first and second doses — to this point stands at 4.09 crore. Before September 12, the day when the mega vaccination camp was held, the share of people that had received their first dose was 45%. This elevated to 52% following the camps, he added.

A mega vaccination camp will subsequent be held on September 19, and never September 17, because the inventory of vaccines is round 17 lakh, he mentioned. “We have asked the Union government to give us additional vaccine doses. We will focus on places that faced a shortage of vaccines during the last camp… We are trying to ready a stock of at least 20 lakh doses,” he mentioned.

The State has vaccinated 4,33,981 pregnant girls, 3,41,837 lactating girls, 1,80,142 differently-abled folks, 2,223 destitutes and 1,754 folks with psychological sickness. The Minister mentioned COVID-19 instances diverse by a margin of 10 to fifteen each day. “We have not compromised on the number of samples that is being tested. We continue to test more than 1.5 lakh samples a day. Cases are under control,” he mentioned.

He mentioned counselling for admissions to MBBS programs can be held on the State degree.

#Note-Author Name – Special Correspondent

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

465,468FansLike
54,895FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles