The Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has launched the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship programme in affiliation with 9 IIMs.
The Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship, a two-year programme, has been launched by the Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. This is carried out in affiliation with the assorted Indian Institutes of Management (IIM)s of the nation.
Things to know
- Selected fellows can be given a stipend of Rs 50,000 per 30 days throughout the first yr and Rs 60,000 per 30 days throughout the second yr of the fellowship programme.
- The authorities has invited functions from the candidates and the registrations will stay open between 15 February and 27 March 2021.
- The fellowship is being supplied underneath the World Bank mortgage assisted programme SANKALP.
- This programme can be supplied on the following administration institutes – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Jammu, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Ranchi, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam.
- The admission course of is being dealt with by IIM Bangalore.
- This programme has been rolled out nationally in additional than 660 districts throughout India.
- This fellowship is a certificates programme in Public Policy and Management and the identical can be given to candidates who efficiently full the course.
What does the programme provide?
- The fellowship is a singular alternative to promote talent improvement in district economies.
- The two-year blended programme combines classroom classes at host IIMs with mentorship of fellows in numerous district.
- It gives a possibility to interact with schemes and establishments on the district degree to strengthen establishments and enhance talent improvement, hyperlink markets and create development.
- Candidates should be residents of India.
- Candidates must be within the age group of 21-30 years on the time of making use of.
- Candidates must be a minimum of a graduate in any self-discipline (Engineering, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, and so on.) from a recognised college or a postgraduate from a recognised college.
- Three years of labor expertise after secondary education within the social/non-profit sector with an curiosity in working in rural areas is most well-liked.
- However, candidates with no work expertise and a robust motivation to work on this space might apply.
- Ability to specific proficiency within the official language used within the state is most well-liked.
- Admission cycle for the fellowship opens on 13 February 2021.
- Deadline to full the admission course of is 27 March 2021.
- Admit card can be out by the primary week of April 2021.
- Written entrance take a look at to be held within the third week of April.
- Test outcomes to be declared within the final week of April 2021.
- Case examine and evaluation can be held between the second and fourth week of April 2021.
- The graduation of section II will start by mid-July.
Details of take a look at
- The written examination is a closed e-book examination that can be carried out in capital cities of all main states and Union Territories.
- There can be 100 a number of selection questions that candidates are required to reply.
- The written examination may have 4 sections – General Awareness, Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
- A private interplay, comprising of an interview, a case evaluation and a language proficiency take a look at, may also be carried out.
How to apply?
- The software window for 2021-23 fellowship is now open.
- Application window will stay open until 27 March 2021.
- To fill out the appliance kind, click on right here.
- For admission-related help, candidates can ship an e-mail to email@example.com.
- For another help, candidates can ship an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Edited by Yoshita Rao)